When you first stepped out into the world, working for the first time. You are so happy you got a job, and went round to tell your friends about it. What will be the thing they warn you about?
Office Politics.
But, for me, after my years in the world, i realised that the so-called 'office politics' isn't all that scary, and in fact, there is a way to avoid being involved in it: Just lay low, like me! Though i can't say i avoided it totally, but i suffered minimal damage from it.
Right now, if someone were to ask me what would be the danger of working in the world, beside 'office politics', i would tell them one more....
'Beware of 'Black Sheeps'.
Why? Because black sheeps cannot be eliminated, especially in large companies/organisations. They are always there, silently killing everyone. How? By making a fool of themselves and damage reputations.
For a long time, companies and organisations have been making rules and regulations so that their staff can work the right way and uphold the companies image. But, there will be a few jokers who will try to do the opposite. The most common things that they do, are creating 'short-cuts' to finish their work, or 'tai-chi' their work to another person. I gotta say, this practices are common. But what make these jokers becoming the 'black sheeps', is that they let people outside of the company realised what they have been doing, and giving them a chance to broadcast to the rest of the population what 'the staffs of this company are doing'.
My company, or organisation, that i work for, is very prone to such incidents. Many a times, there will be people seeking help from us, but it so happens that they are being served by a lazy staff, and that lazy staff happens to be 'lazier than usual', and so complaints come, and 'image of the company' got affected. And because the company that i worked for is quite special, such that 'we are very obvious to the people', that such complaints will find its way to the online media, like 'Stomp', and people starts to talk. And when I walk down the streets, people will use a different eye to look at me.
But hey, I'm not the one at fault, he is!! Why look at me like I have done something wrong??
That is the 'power' of the black sheeps. Scary, eh?
And one more thing: Black Sheeps cannot be avoided. No test or any evaluation questions can detect a black sheep. Why? 'Cause human have one special 'power'.
Humans can lie.
And that is the reason why we cant detect a black sheep by giving them several personalities test. "Cause they know how to lie through it. And even if they weren't the 'black sheep' criteria when they first joined the company, this black sheep mentality can be grown with time. A hardworking man can become a laziest man given time, and as well as other black sheeps feeding him the 'Poison'.
So yea, I hate black sheeps. I hate to become one. I hate to think that I may become one. That is why I try my best not to be one. And to anyone who is reading this post:
DO NOT BECOME ONE!