The heat is on. GE created a lot of tension these few days. By what is being said on the net, we can see the very different mindset of the people, as well as all the leaders, govt or opposition alike.
My thinking is very simple: Which govt do not make mistakes. If we let opposition take over, we can be sure that they will make mistakes, which their supporters are willingly to forgive. However, can we be sure of the mistakes that they will make?
No doubt, PAP will still be the govt, and i do want to see more opposition in the parliament. But I do know that should this happens, the progress of Singapore will slow down, because whatever the govt wants to do, the opposition will oppose, one way or another, one reason or another. Afterall, thats what the opposition in Singapore likes to do.
I do agree that at some point, I do not understand the reason for some things the govt does. For example, the very high housing prices and COE. However, I do know that if those things becomes cheap, it will not be good for us too. I still believe in the govt, for they are the one who brought us here, and they do not want to ruin their efforts, their reputation.
The older-generation minister have a more traditional thinking, but they do have the experience. The younger-generation candidates have a more mordern thinking, and being young, they knows better what the new Singapore needs. So, with the experience of the old, the new thinking of the young, I believe that will be a reason good enough for them to continue being the govt.
Personally, I do not exactly care how much they are earning, so long as they prove that they deserve it. Till someone or something convince me otherwise, PAP has my vote.