Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, September 04, 2011

I was out with a friend when we touched on a topic on relationship, and specifically, Love. Well, as usual, we had a small debate and was, as per normal, to no concrete conclusion.

Then I was on my way home, and I purposely chose to walk home. I began to think about this:

What does it takes to fall in love, and to stay in love?

To me, falling in love is easily, the real challenge lies in how to stay in love. I remembered my 2 years plus relationship, how we started and how it ends. I realised that for every relationship, we rely on love to keep us going. But that feeling will fade with time. Just like a piece of white paper. You leave it there for some time, and it will turn yellow. So, how do we keep the relationship going and strong?

I figured it out to be one word: Committment.

Remember how you first met the one whom you cant forget, and finally fell in love. And when both of you got together, each promises to stay true, to love and be there for each other for better or for worse? These promises will come into the picture once the feeling of love is fading. The relationship continues based on the promises we make to out partner, committed to stay by their side, never to leave no matter what happens. But how many people can actually keep that promise?

Life is just the same. Life is like a long walk. Along the way, something will happen which you never foresee. But each time something happens, we have choice as to how to deal with it, and each choice will affect the journey.

For example, you are walking along that road, and a bird-shit fell on you. Now, you can choose to curse and swear, and even take a piece of rock and try to hit that bird who shits at you, or you can choose to take a piece of tissue, wipe the shit away, and continue walking. Which will be better, its up to you to choose.

A lot of people now, I observed, who meet with shits will stand on the spot and start to curse and swear about how life is unfair and all that stuff. But lets face it: Life is never fair, and shit happens all the time. Are we really going to waste our time by cursing all the time, or should we just take it in our stride and move on. True, complaining is no crime, and it is alright to complain once in awhile. But, no matter which corner of the world you go to, you cannot escape from the fact that you will face shit once again. And if we just complain and complain, you will get nothing out of it, and even if you do, it takes time.

I realised that in my country, many people will demand for things to be given to them, and not work towards it. It is as though the government owes them a living. True, to a certain extend, the government is responsible for the welfare of the people, but ultimately, we are the ones in charge of our lives. What ever we wants, we have to work for it. Simply standing there and complain, expecting money to fall from the sky is simply a no-no. We have to be responsible for our own lives, and anticipate what is going to happen, and take action before it does. But many now just live day by day, without thinking about what might happen to the future. And when the worse happens, they will do the only thing they are good at: Complaining.

I tell myself, I am not going to be like them. I will complain, but I will move on. I know what I want, and I will work for it. To me, it is ok to want a lot of things, so long as we work towards them.

The morale of my story today: We are in control, and responsible of our own lives. We should not blame anyone for any shits that happen to us. We must learn to stand tall and strong. Because only by doing that, we can have a better chance at a better life.

Sunday, September 04, 2011;

me

Mark is my name:-)
DOB: 14-02-1987
Working for the force,
Protecting the streets, Protecting you.
MSN/FB: Jokerofpeicai@hotmail.com F'ster: Chincaiyang@yahoo.co.uk

links

Feliza
Peiyong
Jenny
Sumei
MeiLeng
Junxiang

call for help

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



music
things to remember